Terms & Conditions
1. The Gold Coin Competition. The Gold Coin Competition is an online treasure hunt in which entrants hunt for the images of specially designed SLH Gold Coins displayed on the SLH web-site www.slh.com and various social media spaces (�Competition Site/s�). Bonus Gold Coins will also be awarded to entrants for participating in various social media and other activities, full details of which will appear on the Competition Sites. Each entrant will automatically be entered into each subsequent monthly prize draw and have the chance of winning a prize, full details below, depending on the number of Gold Coins collected. A prize draw for all entrants will be held each month from April�December 2011, with one additional prize draw in December 2011 for all entrants who have then collected the maximum number of Gold Coins.
2. Eligibility. The Gold Coin Competition is free and does not require any purchase to participate. It is open to anyone aged 18 years or over whose participation is not prohibited by any applicable law in their country of residence and each entrant is responsible for checking on and observing any such restrictions. We reserve the right to verify the age and eligibility of all entrants and prize winners.
3. How to enter. Entry is by finding the first Gold Coin on any Competition Site, clicking on it and completing the registration process to enter the Competition and become eligible for the prize draw. The registration process will involve each entrant nominating their preferences for the regional location of the SLH hotel in the event they win a prize. By completing the registration process each entrant will be deemed to have read and accepted these Official Rules. Once registered, all entrants will automatically be entered into each subsequent monthly prize draw and have the opportunity of winning one of the prizes referred to below. Each entrant may only register once to enter the Competition and may not enter again using another identity or on behalf of any other person. Each entrant may only win one prize draw.
4. Winner notification. The winner of each monthly prize draw will be selected at random and the Promoter�s selection shall be final. Winners will be notified by e-mail within 14 days. All prizes are subject to verification by the Promoter of the legal eligibility of the winner to be awarded the prize.
5. Prizes. There are three different categories of prize depending on the total number of Gold Coins held by the winner of a monthly prize draw at the time of the prize draw.
(1) If an entrant wins a monthly prize draw and is then holding between one (1) and fourteen (14) Gold Coins the prize will be a seven (7) night stay in an SLH hotel.
(2) If an entrant wins a monthly prize draw and is then holding between fifteen (15) and nineteen (19) Gold Coins the prize will be a twelve (12) night stay in an SLH hotel.
(3) If an entrant wins a monthly prize draw and is then holding twenty (20) Gold Coins the prize will be a twelve (12) night stay in an SLH hotel plus one thousand pounds (�1,000) spending money in cash.
All prizes are for room nights only at any one SLH hotel of the winner's choice. All hotel reservations will be made through the London office of SLH and the following terms and conditions apply:
- The winner will be offered accommodation at a selection of SLH hotels from within the regional locations nominated on registration that have availability at the time requested by the winner. In the event that no SLH hotels within the first choice regional location have accommodation at the requested time then the winner will be offered a selection of hotels in the second and then third preference regional locations.
- Standard double room accommodation only.
- The reservation request must be made a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the requested date for the hotel accommodation.
- The room nights must be utilised within twelve (12) months of the winner being notified of the prize.
- Any hotel reservation will be subject to any terms and conditions applicable to the chosen hotel.
- All food, beverages, taxes and other incidental costs incurred by the winner/guest are to be settled prior to departure from, and direct with, the individual hotel.
- Room nights are non-flexible and once confirmed by SLH, no alterations or cancellations can be made. In case of alteration or cancellation, the winner will forfeit the nights.
- The Club of Small Luxury Hotels of the World's benefits cannot be redeemed in conjunction with this prize draw.
- Winners who choose to utilise their room nights at an all-inclusive SLH hotel package will incur an additional charge, which will vary depending on the hotel selected.
- All travel, travel insurance, passport, visa and other ancillary arrangements are to be made by, and at the cost and risk of, the winner.
- No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes is permitted by winners. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
The Promoter may, at it discretion, award additional or bonus prizes which may be subject to separate terms and conditions.
6. Publicity. Each prize winner's name, address and other relevant personal details will be published online and in other media channels. The prize winners may be required to take part in publicity and will co-operate in all reasonable respects.
To protect entrants' privacy and personal information, the Promoter confirms that (save as permitted by point 6) it will not loan, rent or sell to any third parties any personal details that have been passed on to it in relation to the prize draw without explicit prior permission.
8. Unforeseen events. Events may occur that render the Competition or the prize draw or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond our control and accordingly we may, at our absolute discretion, cancel or vary or amend Competition or the prize draw and each entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to us as a result thereof.
9. Liability. The Promoter is responsible only for promoting and running the Competition and the prize draw up to the point of awarding the prizes. All aspects of the prize winners’ and guests’ stays and accommodation at the SLH hotels are the sole responsibility of the relevant SLH hotels (which are independently owned and are not part of, or under the control of, the Promoter) and the Promoter offers no express or implied warranty or guarantee in relation thereto and has no liability to the prize winners or their guests in relation thereto.
10. Accuracy of details. All information on each Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotel has been provided to the Promoter by the management of each hotel. Whilst every effort has been made by the Promoter to ensure accuracy, it is inevitable that facilities and services may change from time to time. Neither the hotels nor the Promoter can be held responsible for any changes that arise or errors that might have occurred. Whilst all details are accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication, we cannot be held responsible for changes which may occur from time to time.
11. Use of Competition Sites. Each entrant shall be subject to the terms and conditions and intellectual property provisions applicable to the use of the SLH web-site (www.slh.com or any related web-site) or to any other Competition Site and by registering for the Competition shall be deemed to have read, understood and accepted them.
12. Applicable law. The Competition and the prize draw and these Official Rules are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
Promoter: Small Luxury Hotels of the World Limited, 3rd Floor, Portland House, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5BH, England. (Also referred to in these Official Rules variously as 'we', 'us' and 'our'. )